Customer support/sales assistant
This is a part time position (10-15 hours per week) at Wool on the Exe- a community fibre arts space in Exeter. We are a social enterprise with a focus on supporting people to learn new skills, make new friends and connect to our community through wool crafts. We stock yarn and accessories for a wide range of tastes and budgets with a focus on British yarns, recycled yarns and organic and sustainably produced yarns. We also support several independent hand dyers as well as local crafts people. In addition, we offer a wide range of workshops in wool fibre crafts.
Our ideal candidate could be described as a person who:
- Loves people and has a generally patient, sunny disposition
- Is easy-going and flexible when it comes to shifting plans or schedules
- Is a quick learner and is comfortable using technology, particularly websites like Ravelry
- Is a keen knitter/crocheter and a good problem solver
- Can work effectively in a team environment
We have a fabulous team that is currently co-managed by Debbie Judd and Ella Austin. It’s possible that this part-time position could grow into a co-manager post or more hours over time. This position will require that you be available to work occasional Saturday shifts.
Full training will be provided.
If this position sounds interesting to you, please send Debbie an email describing why you’d be a good fit. You can attach a CV if you have one or a description of your work experience if you don’t.
Deadline for applications is 31 January 2023