Wool on the Exe
1 @ a time - Toe up Socks
In this workshop, you will learn how to knit a sock from the toe up!
We will cover the following techniques:
- Knitting in the round using circular needles and the 'magic loop' method
- 'Judy's magic cast on' for starting toe up socks
- Increasing to shape the toe
- The Fleegle Heel
- Stretchy bind-offs suitable for socks
- How to modify the pattern to fit any sized foot
This workshop is suitable for the advanced beginner, or experienced knitters who want to give toe up socks a try! You should be able to cast on, knit and purl. Everything else will be taught on the day.
All materials are provided and you will need a 2.5 mm, 80 cm, circular needle. Please bring your own if you have one, or you may purchase one at the shop.
This workshop is led by Elizabeth Noon