Our Community Tree Project grew, and what we thought would be a single tree became three!
It's been a wonderful project, and we're happy to say that it has already had a positive impact in many ways. We received lovely messages along with the knit and crochet squares, and the finished display is such a cheerful sight!
In case you haven't been able to see the display in real life, here are a few glimpses, including some of the little notes written on the star tags, some of which we enlarged onto the hanging stars.
Top row, from left to right:
- Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you'll land among the stars!
- Smile a lot. It makes people wonder what you've been doing xx
Middle row, from left to right:
- There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
- A house is made of bricks and beams. A home is made of love and dreams.
Bottom row, from left to right:
- A wish for joy, health and happiness for all.
- Thinking of mum who taught me to knit.
The felted star at the top of one of the trees was made by Gabby, our needle felting teacher.
We had so many squares sent in that some are already being joined to make baby blankets!
All of the other squares will also be made into baby blankets once the display is taken down. These will be donated to the mother and baby unit at Exeter hospital.
Thank you to everyone who has made this such a magical project!