We’re looking for a new volunteer member of our Board of Directors!
Neighbourworks CIC is a community interest company - a social enterprise that uses 'profits' to benefit the community. We aim to use fibre arts to create opportunities for people to learn new skills, make new friends and connect to their community through meaningful and collaborative initiatives. Wool on the Exe is our retail shop and our primary source of revenue. Profits from the shop fund our Outreach Coordinator, supplies for our Knit-Stop programmes and all other outreach activities.
Your role as a member of the Neighbourworks CIC board of Directors will be to strategically nurture the social enterprise aspects of the business. You will work closely with our Outreach Coordinator and Co-Managers to oversee the Knit Stop for adults and Knit Stop for Kids programmes. You will also be expected to engage with community partners to develop additional opportunities to further our mission of using fibre arts to improve well-being.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend BOD meetings when scheduled (4 times per year)
- Meet periodically with our Outreach Coordinator
- Oversee the development an annual community project
- Explore opportunities for growing The Knit Stop
- Explore strategies for engaging and improving our community outreach
- Must love working with people, be fun-loving and personable
- Must be a good communicator
- Be familiar with social enterprises
- Be familiar with the Exeter area
- Have experience developing and delivering projects that involve coordinating local people and resources
- Grant writing experience would be a bonus
We expect this role to require quarterly BOD meetings of approximately 2 hours duration each. As well as monthly or bi-monthly engagement with our Outreach Coordinator or Co-Managers of not more than an hour each session.
Our Board members receive an automatic 10% discount on purchases at Wool on the Exe.
If you have any questions about this position please send an email to Debbie Judd at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in applying, please send us a letter of interest that includes details of your relevant experience by 31 September 2022. This can be sent via email to Debbie Judd, email@example.com or via post to Wool on the Exe, 2 Okehampton Street, Exeter, EX4 1DW